In 2021, New York legalized online sports betting. This brought an influx of sportsbooks, making it easy for New Yorkers to place wagers on sporting events online.
It also opened the door for matched betting.
‘Matched Betting’ is a method of taking advantage of free bets and promotions offered by online sportsbooks to guarantee a profit. This strategy has been popular in the UK, Europe and Australia for many years but has only recently gained attention in the US.
By using a simple process, you can place bets on all possible outcomes of a sporting event and still make a profit, regardless of the outcome.
New York is a good state for matched betting as there are 9 active sportsbooks including BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel. Each sportsbook is competing for new customers in a fast-growing industry, which means some highly lucrative bonuses are available.
New York is Lucrative for Matched Betting
What Is Matched Betting?
Matched betting is a process that involves taking advantage of free bets and promotions offered by sportsbooks to make a profit. The more sportsbooks you have available, the more offers you can qualify for, the more money you will make.
It is a risk-free betting technique that allows you to cover all possible outcomes of a game or sporting event by placing bets on each one. You can learn the detailed process in our free complete guide to matched betting.
By betting on every possible outcome, we are able to guarantee the results of our bets will be the same regardless of the outcome of the sporting event. You don’t even need to know anything about sports.
How it Works
The idea is to cover all possible outcomes of a game or sporting event by placing two bets on opposite outcomes at separate sportsbooks. By doing this, we can qualify for lucrative bonus bets.
When you place two bets on opposite outcomes, you can ensure that one bet will win and the other will lose. By balancing out the amount wagered on each bet, you can guarantee the same overall result.
To qualify for a free bonus bet, most sportsbooks require you to bet a specific amount, such as $100. But by using our ‘matching’ technique, you can qualify for the bonus without losing any money.
Once you have access to the bonus bet, you can apply the same principles to guarantee a significant profit, usually around 75% of the bonus bet. With matched betting, you can guarantee significant profits from sportsbook bonuses with no risk.
Benefits of Matched Betting
Matched betting is a fantastic side-hustle for anyone looking to make a bit of extra cash. A totally risk-free way of earning money with just a couple of hours effort each week.
- Totally Risk-Free: When following the main principles of matched betting (never gamble, always double-check your bets) then it is a completely risk-free process. You can do all of the math prior to placing your bets and be 100% sure of making a profit.
- Perfect For Beginners: You don’t need to know anything about sports or gambling. In fact, it helps if you don’t because you’ll never let your ego get in the way of guaranteed profits.
- Life-Changing Profits: Anyone in New York over the age of 21 could make at least $2,000 from introductory welcome offers alone. Whilst $2,000 may not be life-changing, it could be the difference between having food on the table or not.
- Low Effort: Compared to other side hustles, matched betting is quick and easy. You could even spend a few hours over a couple of weeks and earn an easy few thousand dollars before walking away with your profits. Nothing else comes close.
In case this sounds too good to be true, I suggest reading through all of our articles here on Matched Income. There’s nothing to ‘believe’ and there’s no secret sauce. Everything you need to know is publicly available.
Matched Betting In New York
New York is one of the few states in the US where online sports betting is legal, as well as having enough sportsbooks with high welcome offers. It’s a great time to start matched betting as the sportsbooks are in fierce competition to bring in new customers.
Matched betting is legal in New York, as long as it is done through licensed sportsbooks.
Online sports wagering was legalized in 2021 by the New York State Gaming Commission and New York Senate. Each licensee must be linked to a physical location, with special provisions available for tribal casinos.
The current fee to set up a new license is $25million, so only serious operators can get started.
New York is home to some of the biggest sportsbook operators on the planet, with Caesers, BetMGM, DraftKings and FanDuel all licensed to operate in the state. All of these launched in 2022, so it’s reasonable to expect the list to continue to grow over time.
Popular Betting Sites in NJ
There are several popular betting sites in New Yorkthat offer introductory bonuses and promotions that can be used for matched betting.
Unfortunately, these aren’t as big as found in other states, primarily because of New York’s 51% tax rate on gaming operators. It’s expected that the tax rate will be reduced in 2023 and 2024, so offers should increase over time.
Some of the most popular sites include:
|Site Name||Example Offer|
|DraftKings||20% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000|
|FanDuel||Bet $5 get $150|
|Caesers||$1,250 Bonus Bet on Losing Wagers|
|PointsBet||5 x $50 Bonus Bets on Losing Wagers|
We find that introductory offers change regularly, so the examples listed above may be out of date. To find the latest offers, visit the sportsbook directly and read the terms & conditions carefully.
Matched Betting Services In New York
Matched betting becomes significantly easier with a service that does all of the hard work for you. You want to sign up for something that provides detailed tutorials and walkthroughs, finds suitable bets, and has a supportive community.
As matched betting is still fairly new in the USA, the options are limited. As of today, there are no matched betting services in New York.
My Top Tips For Successful Matched Betting In NY
Matched betting can be a highly profitable side hustle, but it requires careful planning and execution. Here are some of my top tips for successful matched betting in New Jersey:
- Only use licensed sportsbooks: Ensure your bets are legal and your winnings are secure. They should be listed on NY.gov.
- Read the terms and conditions: Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of any free bet or promotion before using it for matched betting. Some sportsbooks are quite sneaky.
- Keep track of your bets: Use a spreadsheet or other tracking tool to keep track of your bets and profits.
- Stay up-to-date on promotions: Check sportsbook websites and social media regularly for new promotions and free bets. Make sure to opt-in for ongoing promotional emails.
FAQ – Sports Betting in New York
About The Author
David has been matched betting for over 10 years, with experience profiting from bonus bets in the UK and Australia. He's made over $30,000 from just a couple of hours each week and funded travel across the world. He struggles to understand why matched betting isn't more popular when it's the perfect side hustle.