In 2018, New Jersey legalized online sports betting. This brought an influx of sportsbooks, making it easy for New Jerseyites to place wagers on sporting events online.
It also opened the door for matched betting.
‘Matched Betting’ is a method of taking advantage of free bets and promotions offered by online sportsbooks to guarantee a profit. This strategy has been popular in the UK for many years but has only recently gained attention in the US.
By using a simple process, you can place bets on all possible outcomes of a sporting event and still make a profit, regardless of the outcome.
New Jersey is one of the best states for matched betting due to its large number of online sportsbooks and competitive promotions. With 15+ sportsbooks available, New Jersey is a paradise for matched bettors.
New Jersey is Highly Lucrative for Matched Betting
What Is Matched Betting?
Matched betting is a process that involves taking advantage of free bets and promotions offered by sportsbooks to make a profit. The more sportsbooks you have available, the more offers you can qualify for, the more money you will make.
It is a risk-free betting technique that allows you to cover all possible outcomes of a game or sporting event by placing bets on each one. You can learn the detailed process in our free Matched Betting For Dummies guide.
By betting on every possible outcome, we are able to guarantee the results of our bets will be the same regardless of the outcome of the sporting event. You don’t even need to know anything about sports.
How it Works
The principle behind matched betting is to qualify for the free bonuses and promotions offered by sportsbooks by covering all possible outcomes of a game or sporting event. To do this, the bettor needs to place two bets on any opposite outcomes at separate sportsbooks.
When placing two bets on opposite outcomes, you can guarantee that one bet will win (and therefore, the other will lose). By balancing out how much is wagered on each bet, it’s possible to guarantee the same overall result.
Most sportbooks require that you bet a specific amount (e.g $100) to qualify for a free bonus bet. By using this ‘matching’ technique, we can qualify for the bonus without losing any money.
Once we have access to the bonus bet, we’re able to apply the same principles to guarantee a significant profit. Usually around 75% of the bonus bet.
Benefits of Matched Betting
Matched betting is a fantastic side-hustle for anyone looking to make a bit of extra cash. A totally risk-free way of earning money with just a couple of hours effort each week.
- Totally Risk-Free: When following the main principles of matched betting (never gamble, always double-check your bets) then it is a completely risk-free process. You can do all of the math prior to placing your bets and be 100% sure of making a profit.
- Perfect For Beginners: You don’t need to know anything about sports or gambling. In fact, it helps if you don’t because you’ll never let your ego get in the way of guaranteed profits.
- Life-Changing Profits: Anyone in New Jersey over the age of 21 could make at least $4,000 from introductory welcome offers alone. For many people, having an extra $4,000 in your pocket is life changing.
- Low Effort: Compared to other side hustles, matched betting is quick and easy. You could even spend a few hours over a couple of weeks and earn an easy few thousand dollars before walking away with your profits. Nothing else comes close.
In case this sounds too good to be true, I suggest reading through all of our articles here on Matched Income. There’s nothing to ‘believe’ and there’s no secret sauce. Everything you need to know is publicly available.
Matched Betting In New Jersey
New Jersey is one of the few states in the US where online sports betting is legal, as well as having plenty of sportsbooks with high welcome offers. It’s the perfect time to start matched betting as the sportsbooks are in fierce competition to bring in new customers.
Matched betting is legal in New Jersey, as long as it is done through licensed sportsbooks.
Online sports wagering was legalized in 2018 pursuant to P.L. 2018, c. 33. This gave licensee’s the ability to open up to 3 online sportsbooks to complement their existing physical locations.
Popular sports betting locations like the Borgata Hotel, Meadowlands, and Ocean Resort Casino quickly set up agreements with existing global betting operators to create online sportsbooks. For example, PointsBet are an Australian betting firm who partnered with Meadowlands to launch their site in New Jersey.
Popular Betting Sites in NJ
There are several popular betting sites in New Jersey that offer introductory bonuses and promotions that can be used for matched betting. Some of the most popular sites include:
|Site Name||Example Offer|
|BetMGM||$1,000 risk-free bet|
|BetRivers||$500 risk-free bet|
|Tipico||Deposit Bonus up to $250|
|PlayUp||Bet $250 get $250|
We find that introductory offers change regularly, so the examples listed above may be out of date. To find the latest offers, visit the sportsbook directly or sign up for a service like ProfitDuel (Free Trial).
Matched Betting Services In New Jersey
Matched betting becomes significantly easier with a service that does all of the hard work for you. You want to sign up for something that provides detailed tutorials and walkthroughs, finds suitable bets, and has a supportive community.
As matched betting is still fairly new in the USA, the options are fairly limited. However, there is one highly recommended service.
ProfitDuel is operated by the team behind OddsMonkey, a hugely successful matched betting service from the UK. They’ve been operating since 2011 so they know what they’re doing. Their service makes matched betting easy for anyone to start.
ProfitDuel makes the process of matched betting quicker, simpler and more profitable. They provide useful tools for identifying the best bets, along with a growing community of members who can help you whenever you get stuck. We've been a member since they first launched.
- Easy to use bet-finder tool.
- Detailed guides for beginners.
- Facebook and Discord communities.
- Highly lucrative casino offers.
My Top Tips For Successful Matched Betting In NJ
Matched betting can be a highly profitable side hustle, but it requires careful planning and execution. Here are some of my top tips for successful matched betting in New Jersey:
- Only use licensed sportsbooks: Ensure your bets are legal and your winnings are secure. They should be listed on NJ.gov.
- Read the terms and conditions: Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of any free bet or promotion before using it for matched betting. Some sportsbooks are quite sneaky.
- Keep track of your bets: Use a spreadsheet or other tracking tool (like ProfitDuel) to keep track of your bets and profits.
- Stay up-to-date on promotions: Check sportsbook websites and social media regularly for new promotions and free bets. Make sure to opt-in for ongoing promotional emails.
About The Author
David has been matched betting for over 10 years, with experience profiting from bonus bets in the UK and Australia. He's made over $30,000 from just a couple of hours each week and funded travel across the world. He struggles to understand why matched betting isn't more popular when it's the perfect side hustle.